- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts puréed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce of champagne vinegar
- 4 ounces walnut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
In a non-reactive pot bring vinegar to a boil. Simmer and reduce till thick, like maple syrup (approximately 1/4 cup). Chill and reserve.
- 1 pound of mesclun greens
- 6 ounces of Roquefort cheese
- 4 each Bosc, Comice or Bartlett pears – cored and cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds from three whole pomegranates
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
Sift 1/2 of powdered sugar on rimmed baking pan to coat evenly, lay wedges of pear on pan and sift the remaining sugar on top of pears. Bake at 550 degrees F until the sugar on the pan caramelizes (dark golden brown) and the pears are cooked.
In a large bowl toss mesclun greens with vinaigrette; divide between eight chilled plates and top with roasted pears, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and Roquefort cheese. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.