- 1/2 cup of lemon juice, preferably squeezed from Meyers lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- One dash Tabasco
In a non-reactive bowl wisk to incorporate; juice, zest, mustard, honey, Tabasco and oils. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 32 jumbo asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mesclun greens
- 12 ounces Parmesan reggiano, shaved with a vegetable peeler to make long thin strips
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Snap each asparagus spear between your hands; lightly peel the tip ends. Toss asparagus tips in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the spears between two rimmed baking sheets. Sprinkle generously with salt & white pepper. Bake ten minutes until spears are cooked al dente. Transfer to a chilled rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until cold. On a bias, cut the asparagus spears into thin oblong discs. Toss greens and asparagus with the vinaigrette. Divide between eight chilled plates. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.